El Segundo Schools Teacher Residency at Alder GSE
- Earn your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential in one year.
- Apprentice four days a week with an expert teacher in an El Segundo Unified School District School
- Learn within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Build a relationship with an expert instructional leader in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engage in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receive priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Do all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
El Segundo Unified & Alder Cohort Program Details:For the 2022-2023 Residency Cohort, ESUSD is looking for qualified applicants in the following areas:
- Single Subject Mathematics
- Special Education
- Multiple Subject (Elementary Teachers)
Costs and Financial Aid
$19,500 (estimated out-of-pocket cost net of Alder Teacher Grant, will be finalized in December of 2021)
Books, tests, etc.
ESUSD Provided Living Stipend - $15,000 (TBD for 22-23 cohort)
Federal financial aid (loans for tuition and living expenses) - Up to $40,000
Support for transportation, room, and board to in-person sessions - Approximately $1,500
Test registration fee support - $200
Credential test preparation support - $250 on average
Excellent preparation and priority consideration for a paid, full-time teaching position - PRICELESS!
Key Dates For 2021-2022 Cohort
|APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE||September 1, 2021|
|PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE||Friday, October 15th|
|REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE||
Friday, November 5th
|CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCES NOTIFICATION DEADLINE||Wednesday, December 15th|
|ROUND 2 ACCEPTANCE DEADLINE||
Friday, February 4th
For more information about the admissions process including upcoming webinars and supports please visit here, or reach out to Alder Los Angeles Recruitment and Admissions Specialist Natalie Cooke at email@example.com,
Alder Admissions: http://aldergse.org/admissions/