El Segundo Schools Teacher Residency at Alder GSE
- Earn your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential in one year.
- Apprentice four days a week with an expert teacher in an El Segundo Unified School District School
- Learn within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Build a relationship with an expert instructional leader in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engage in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receive priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Do all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
El Segundo Unified & Alder Cohort Program Details:For the 2021-2022 Residency Cohort, ESUSD is looking for qualified applicants in the following areas:
- Single Subject Mathematics
- Special Education
- Multiple Subject (Elementary Teachers)
Costs and Financial Aid
$19,000 (estimated out-of-pocket cost net of Alder Teacher Grant, will be finalized in December of 2020)
Books, tests, etc.
ESUSD Provided Living Stipend - $15,000 (TBD for 21-22 cohort)
Federal financial aid (loans for tuition and living expenses) - Up to $40,000
Support for transportation, room, and board to in-person sessions - Approximately $1,500
Test registration fee support - $200
Credential test preparation support - $250 on average
Excellent preparation and priority consideration for a paid, full-time teaching position - PRICELESS!
Key Dates For 2021-2022 Cohort
|APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE||September 20120|
|PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE||October 12th|
|REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE||
|CONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCES NOTIFICATION DEADLINE||December 15th|
|ROUND 2 ACCEPTANCE DEADLINE||
For more information about the admissions process including upcoming webinars and supports please visit here, or reach out to Alder Los Angeles Recruitment and Admissions Specialist Natalie Cooke at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Alder Admissions: http://aldergse.org/admissions/