El Segundo Schools Teacher Residency at Alder GSE
- Earn your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential* in one year.
- Apprentice four days a week with an expert teacher in an El Segundo Unified School District School
- Learn within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Build a relationship with an expert instructional leader in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engage in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receive priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Do all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
El Segundo Unified & Alder Cohort Program Details:For the 2020-2021 Residency Cohort, ESUSD is looking for qualified applicants in the following areas:
- Single Subject Mathematics
- Special Education
Costs and Financial Aid
$18,500 (estimated out-of-pocket cost net of Alder Teacher Grant, will be finalized in December of 2019)
Books, tests, etc.
ESUSD Provided Living stipend - $15,000
Federal financial aid (loans for tuition and living expenses) - Up to $44,000
Support for transportation, room, and board to in-person sessions - Approximately $1,500
Test registration fee support - $200
Credential test preparation support - $250 on average
Excellent preparation and priority consideration for a paid, full-time teaching position - PRICELESS!
Key Dates For 2020-2021 Cohort
|APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE||Early September 2019|
|PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE||October 14th|
Week of October 21st
|INTERVIEW DAY WINDOW||
November 1st - 9th
For more information please reach out to the Director of the Alder WIDE cohort, Scott Weatherford at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Alder Los Angeles Recruitment and Admissions Specialist Martin Chavez at email@example.com.
Alder Admissions Events calendar: http://aldergse.org/admissions/