The El Segundo Unified School District recognizes the importance of recognizing warning signs for suicide to prevent, intervene, and provide post-care for students who have considered or attempted suicide. In accord with California Assembly Bill 2246, ESUSD implements a suicide prevention, intervention, and post-vention policy that specifically addresses the needs of high risk groups. Included in the policy is suicide prevention awareness training for ESUSD staff as well as students at the secondary level.
In cases of emergency, dial 911. For help, please utilize the resources below:
- LA County Suicide Prevention Crisis Line (24/7): (877) 727-4747
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services - Suicide Prevention Unit - https://didihirsch.org/services/suicide-prevention/
- Teen Line (800) TLC-TEEN (852-8336) or http://teenlineonline.org or text "TEEN" to 839863 between 530-930pm to speak with peer counselors
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7): (800) 273-TALK (8255)
- Trevor Project Lifeline for LGBTQ Youth (24/7): (866) 488-7386
See the attached resources for further information.