Thank you for your interest in the El Segundo schools. We welcome all applicants who reside outside of the El Segundo 90245 zip code.
- Read the Interdistrict Permit Process Guidelines brochure below which provides you with important eligibility requirements, step by step details and it should answer most questions you may have about the process. NOTE - The key for applying for a permit is to indicate OTHER in the zip code section.
- Complete the Interdistrict Permit Application - Applications will be accepted beginning January 22nd through July 31st.
- Please click on the following link for the 2019-2020 Interdistrict Permit Application.
- Upload all applicable required documentation prior to hitting "Submit".
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Apply to your home school district for release - it is important to check with your district to find out the dates that you can submit your application for release for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Upon receipt please email the release to email@example.com
General inquiries and questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective School Tours, Orientation & Informational Meetings - No sign up's necessary
Center Street and Richmond Street (Parents Only)
TK/Kindergarten Orientation & Informational Night - Center & Richmond
Tuesday, 3/5/19 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
TK to 5th Grade School Tour
Tuesday, 2/5/19, 3/26/19 & 5/7/19 from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
TK/Kindergarten Visitation - Center Street (Parents & Students)
Wednesday, 3/13/19 from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
TK/Kindergarten Visitation - Richmond Street (Parents & Students)
Tuesday, 3/12/19 from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
El Segundo Middle School (Parents & Student)
School Tour and Informational Meeting
Wednesday, 2/13/19 from 2:45 - 3:45 p.m.
El Segundo High School Tour (Parents & Students)
School Tour and Informational Meeting
Wednesday, 2/13/19 from 3:00 until concluded
Specialized Programs - please click on the links or documents below for details:
General Information and Specialized Programs
El Segundo Unified is one of the first districts in the South Bay to offer Project Lead The Way in K-12th grades and also continues to offer enrichment such as music, art and the Gifted and Talented Education programs.
El Segundo Middle School is one of three middle schools in Los Angeles County and the only one in the South Bay to offer the International Baccalaureate Programme.
In addition, El Segundo Middle School was selected and recognized as a California and National "School to Watch"
El Segundo High School offers Project Lead The Way - Learning Pathways - See PDF flyer below
In addition, El Segundo High School is pleased to announce its selection as a school site for the High School of Business™ program. Beginning in the 2018-19 academic year, the program was designed to challenge students through accelerated, project-based curriculum in preparation for college-level business administration programs. This curriculum will be incorporated into the ESHS Business Pathway.
El Segundo High School has established a partnership with UCLA and the California Society of Anesthesiologists (CSA) that will offer educational enrichment in the Project Lead The Way (PLTW) Biomedical Science Pathway. This exciting program will bring together specially trained teachers, students and physician residents from UCLA to help deliver real world biomedical skills and applications for the ESHS pathway classroom.
Returning Permit Students for 2019-2020: If you child is already attending an ESUSD school and continued to meet eligibility criteria while on permit, there are no requirements to reapply to your home district for release with the following exceptions -- if your student is moving from 8th to 9th grade AND your home school district is Lawndale, Lennox or Hawthorne, you will need to apply for a permit release from the Centinela Valley Union High School District. Current ESMS students in good standing will receive a letter of acceptance in late February or early March to include with the permit release application.