Student Teaching and University Fieldwork / Practicum
El Segundo Unified School District enjoys partnerships with universities in preparing future educators.
University Partnerships for Student Teaching
|Brandman University||Counseling Program||8/31/2023|
|California State University, Dominguez Hills||Counseling Program||2/9/2024|
|California State University, Fullerton||School Nurse Program||12/31/2023|
|California State University, Long Beach||Teaching, Administration, Counseling, Psychology||until terminated|
|California State University, Los Angeles||Teaching, Counseling, Psychology||6/30/2023|
|Chapman University||Communication Sciences (SLP)||12/18/2022|
|Grand Canyon University||Teacher Preparation Program||6/30/2023|
|Loma Linda University||Communication Sciences (SLP)||12/31/2024|
|Loyola Marymount University||Teacher Preparation Program||8/30/2024|
|Marymount California University||Teaching, Administration, Counseling, Psychology||6/30/2024|
|National University School of Education||Teacher Preparation Program||6/30/2023|
|Pepperdine University||Teacher Preparation Program||7/31/2024|
|Western Governors University||Teacher Preparation Program||6/30/2023|
Procedures for University Students Interested in Student Teaching or Fieldwork in ESUSD
- Submit requests for placement to the Executive Director of Human Resources; firstname.lastname@example.org, (310) 615-2650, ext. 1510.
- A current university agreement must be on file prior to approving student teaching placement or fieldwork.
- If placement is mutually agreeable, the candidate must complete an on-boarding process before entering a classroom.
On-Boarding for Student Teachers and Fieldwork:
On-boarding will be facilitated by personnel from the Office of Human Resources. The required steps are as follows:
- Complete a criminal background check at the expense of the applicant. This must be done for ESUSD exclusively, prior fingerprints do not satisfy the requirement.
- Satisfy TB clearance.
- Complete required forms and receipt of District policies.
- Complete required online orientation modules.
- Be approved by the Board of Education prior to beginning the assignment.