Student Teaching and University Fieldwork / Practicum
El Segundo Unified School District enjoys partnerships with universities in preparing future educators.
University Partnerships for Student Teaching
Antioch University, Los Angeles
Azusa Pacific University
California State University, Long Beach (includes clinical fieldwork for psychology)
California Sate University, Northridge (includes clinical fieldwork for psychology)
Grand Canyon University
Loyola Marymount University
National University School of Education
University of Southern California
Procedures for University Students Interested in Student Teaching or Fieldwork in ESUSD
- Submit requests for placement to Dr. Dylan Farris, Executive Director of Human Resources; firstname.lastname@example.org, (310) 615-2650, ext. 1510.
- A current university agreement must be on file prior to approving student teaching placement or fieldwork.
- If placement is mutually agreeable, the candidate must complete an on-boarding process before entering a classroom.
On-Boarding for Student Teachers and Fieldwork:
On-boarding will be facilitated by personnel from the Office of Human Resources. The required steps are as follows:
- Complete a criminal background check at the expense of the applicant. This must be done for ESUSD exclusively, prior fingerprints do not satisfy the requirement.
- Satisfy TB clearance.
- Complete required forms and receipt of District policies.
- Complete required online orientation modules.