Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Our intention for this resource page is to be a living, breathing document. We will continuously monitor and adjust the resources as we grow, learn, and change as a community. We commit to fostering school climates and cultures for equity, diversity, and inclusion in our schools. We hope our students, staff, and teachers will be allies and advocates for themselves and others.
El Segundo Unified School District’s Core Values:
- All students can learn and succeed.
- All students shall have access to a high-quality education regardless of their race, color, and national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Inclusive learning experiences and environments are essential. ESUSD stands firmly against racial inequality and oppression of historically marginalized groups.
- Learning is enhanced by caring and trusting relationships.
- Personal relationships are the strength and foundation of the organization.
- All individuals are treated with respect and understanding.
- Teamwork is promoted and evident at all levels throughout the District: administrators, faculty, staff, parents, students, Board, and community.
- Collaborative decision-making is conducted through a lens of developing trust, seeking common understanding, and sharing solutions that reflect our goals.
- School improvement is a dynamic process requiring flexibility and innovation to meet the needs of students in a changing world.
- Parents/guardians have a right and an obligation to be engaged in their children’s education and to be involved in the intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development of their child/children.
- The partnerships between the District and the Ed! Foundation, our parent teacher associations, Chamber of Commerce, local businesses and the City of El Segundo enrich learning opportunities for our students.
- Recognition of efforts, in support of district goals, encourages growth and innovation.
We at El Segundo Unified School District build understanding, empathy, diversity of experience, diversity of learning, and awareness of our community to be inclusive of all students in order to ensure equity and contribute to cross-cultural environments.
We aim for all students to be seen, heard, supported, and nurtured to reach their full potential.