Under the direction of Mr. Robert Soto, the 71 students in band and color guard accomplished the following during the fall 2018 season:
- Attended 5 competitions under the Western Band Association (WBA), Division 2A where they received 4 First Place Ratings.
- 21 Caption Awards: High General Effect, High Visual, High Music, High Percussion and High Color Guard.
- 3 Consecutive Sweepstakes Finishes: 1st Place plus all Caption Awards
- Highest average performance score in 2A across the state.
- Winner of the Grand Marshall Award, 2018 El Segundo Holiday Parade.
- Winner of the Outstanding High School Band/Music Award, 2018 El Segundo Holiday Parade.
- Pictured are ESHS Band Director Robert Soto and band members of the Class of 2019 who accepted the recognition for the ESUSD Board of Education on behalf of the ESHS Marching Band and Color Guard.