ESUSD Superintendent Melissa Moore will host four upcoming coffee meetings to share information about Measure ES with parents and residents in February.
- Reassign bond projects from four to three phases to avoid construction cost escalation by $11,980,154
- Reduce total interest expense by $11,505,894 on the $92,000,000 Measure ES Bonds
- Decrease number of years taxpayers must repay Measure ES obligation from 30 years to 27 years
- Reduce the Measure ES issuance transaction fees by roughly $240,000
- Increase the projected tax rate by $5/per $100,000 of assessed valuation from $43 to $48/per $100,000 of assessed valuation for Measure ES bonds
- Richmond Street School February 13, 2020 at 9:00 am
- El Segundo Middle School February 14, 2020 at 9:00 am
- El Segundo High School February 19, 2020 at 8:00 am
- Center Street School February 21, 2020 at 8:30 am
We are interested in hearing your feedback. Dr. Melissa Moore intends to bring recommendation regarding rephasing of the bond issuance to the Board of Education at the February 25 board meeting.
Links to information presented during these meetings:
2/11/20; REV 2/13/20