Thank you for your interest in the El Segundo schools. Please click on the following link for the 2017-2018 Preliminary Permit Application.
- Complete the Preliminary Permit Application - Applications will be accepted beginning January 17th through July 31st
- Upload all applicable required documentation prior to hitting "Submit"
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Apply to your home school district - it is important to check with your district to find out the dates that you can submit your application for release for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Upon receipt please email the release to email@example.com
General inquiries and questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the PDF below for the detailed Interdistrict Permit Process Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions:
In addition, please click on the links below for details about our Specialized Programs:
El Segundo Unified is one of the first districts in the South Bay to offer Project Lead The Way in K-12th grades and also continues to offer enrichment such as music, art and the Gifted and Talented Education programs.
El Segundo Middle School is one of three middle schools in Los Angeles County and the only one in the South Bay to offer the International Baccalaureate Programme.
Returning Permit Students for 2017-2018: If your child is already attending an ESUSD school and continues to meet eligibility criteria while on a permit, there are no requirements to reapply to your home district for a release with the following exceptions -- if your student is moving from 8th to 9th grade and your home district is Lawndale, Lennox or Hawthorne, you need to apply for a permit release from the Centinela Valley Union High School District. Current ESMS students in good standing will receive a letter of acceptance in late February or early March to include with the permit release application.